Monday, May 10, 2010

Oh god, what smells like formaldehyde?!

It reminds me of when I was in 10th grade and we were doing frog dissections. For weeks I smelled formaldehyde everywhere. It was horrible. I hated frog dissections. Not because it was inhumane, no, but because it smelled horrible. And the frog carcass was so rubbery and disgusting and filled with formaldehyde. I honestly would have rather dissected a freshly killed frog; at least it wouldn't have smelled so bad.
We got to dissect deer hearts. That wasn't so bad because they were fresh. Mmmmmm, fresh deer hearts.

Sorry if this all sounds disgusting.

...Actually I'm not sorry. I will not apologize for taking biology. It was a required course and I took it. So there.

I am so glad I'm not in high school anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. I had to dissect a fetal pig in my 10th grade year--and the dead fetus didn't bother me at all. It was really cute, actually, as demonic as that sounds... but the smell made me so nauseous that I just wanted to hide in the corner.