Sunday, January 4, 2009

High School angsty-angst

I just found out splendiferous is actually a word. At least, Microsoft Word says it is. Gosh, I thought it was just a silly made-up word! This calls for investigation. To the dictionarymobile!

splen⋅dif⋅er⋅ous 
–adjective
splendid; magnificent; fine.

Origin:
1425–75; late ME < class="ital-inline">splendōrifer brightness-bearing (see splendor, -fer, -ous; loss of -or prob. by shift of stress, syncope, and dissimilation) + -ous

Wow, and it's a friggin' OLD word, too! From the 15th century! :-O
Haha, this is turning into a dictionary blog. Okay, enough dictionary.

In other news: I hate high school! I can't friggin' WAIT to get out of that damn hell. I'm seriously starting to think I would rather be trapped in Silent Hill than have to go to there every weekday! It would at least be more exciting. :-( Bah, that building is so old and dark it practically is like being trapped in Silent Hill. Just empty out the building, turn off the lights, summon some demons, and there you have it: utter terror! :-D
At least I'm a Senior. I couldn't stand another year there, god. I can barely stand finishing this year! :-(

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for my education and all that great crap; I just can't stand most of the kids there, or most of the teachers. I think the whole school system needs an overhaul. I don't know how it should be fixed, but I know it needs fixing. Either way I'll be in college soon, WOOT!! XD

Bah, enough complaining; I have lots of assignments to finish before the end of this week, so I need to get crackin'. I hope you, whoever you may be, are enjoying your life and are not as big of a procrastinator as I am. >.>;

Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR, guys! :-D (It's 2009, in case you're a time-traveler and didn't know.)

3 comments:

pandor said...

I think a dictionary blog would be awesome! A word a day keeps the brain-rot away! "Acanilin" is not a word, Mr. Word Verification.

SatiricalSarah said...

Yeah, a dictionary blog would be awesome! It's probably been done already.

pandor said...

Distaki is not a word, either.
Anyhows, I wouldn't mind seein' a new word every-other blarg post or so. And if there's already a dictionary blog out there, why haven't I run across it yet?? **shakes fist at interwebs**